"For any teacher, examining the relationship between 'What did I do as a teacher?' and ' "What did my students learn?" is always the most powerful focus for reflecting on your practice, for as long as you continue to do the job."
- D. William
This online course helps Primary teachers learn how to embed formative assessment methods in their practice to determine a child’s starting point and to give them accurate directions in their journey in ICT capability so that they can plan for progression by accurately assessing their capabilities in the Australian Curriculum.
Here's what you will get
Imagine you were sitting at the staff lunch room table with your colleagues discussing ICT capability and trying to decide on what it actually means.
Imagine not knowing much about it and wanting to help your colleagues try and understand it better.
Imagine the impact it could have on your students’ learning.
This is what happened to Amanda one day as she sat there in the lunch one day confused and frustrated about the topic despite her beliefs about herself that she “highly confident in ICT”. She decided to enrol in this accredited online course and this how it had in impact on her students.
“I now have a better understanding of what the students can do, so, therefore can plan and cater for their needs more efficiently. I am giving student their needs more efficiently. I am giving students the opportunity to work beyond their skills and demonstrate their extensive skills.”
By enrolling in this online course, you will be able to:
- Learn about integrating ICT and developing ICT capability in the National Curriculum.
- Plan and identify opportunities for assessment.
- Determine progression in the National Curriculum.
- Unlock barriers to assessing ICT capability.
- Establish a relevant and meaningful learning environment in the early years curriculum.
- Gather strong empirical evidence of attainment.
- Share learning outcomes with parents and colleagues.
- Make an informed decision about formative assessment strategies for your class and school.
What others say...
$95 per person
Completing this course will contribute to 5 hours of NESA and TQI PD addressing 2.6.2. and 5.1.2 of Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient teacher accreditation in NSW, Vic, ACT and Qld.