By Michael Hilkemeijer
Introducing our NEW book for early childhood practitioners titled –
How to support Digital Play in the Early Years?
This early childhood education book contains the key content for our 10 online PD for early childhood teachers that hosts a similar name.
Over 100 pages of practical and immediately actionable advice on the best strategies for you to employ in your early childhood learning environment.
Key topics include:
- The importance of learning through play
- The need for digital pedagogy in Education
- Understanding digital play
- Digital literacy in early childhood education
- How you can support and enhance emergent literacy and numeracy with ICT?
- Technology and Language Development
- Selecting ICT tools in early childhood education
- Digital storytelling in early childhood education
- Creative play in early childhood education
- Outdoor play-based learning
- Role play – learning without failure
- iPads in ECE
- Multimedia teaching strategies
- Planning play-based learning
- Linking Hight Impact Teaching Strategies to play-based learning
- Metacognitive teaching strategies
- Play and pedagogy in Early Childhood
- Observing and assessing digital play
Have a flip through here and see for yourself how it can help you achieve your teaching and learning goals today.
Digital play is the best type of technology integration in early childhood education as play-based learning is the preferred choice of pedagogy in the sector. There has been widespread literature research that supports the many benefits that play brings in education. Children become engaged and motivated to learn when they are enjoying what they are doing. They also become more invested in their own learning and there is strong evidence that suggests that early childhood learning activities become more child-centred. Despite this, there is still concern amongst teachers that play-based learning is not appropriate due to various factors such as being able to control children and trying to meet the demands of the curriculum.
Why should you buy this book?
- If you prefer to read for your professional learning;
- If you don’t want to do the course;
- If you want to learn more about course itself;
- If you want to learn more about supporting digital play-based learning in early childhood learning environments.
Why is this book UNIQUE?
This book is unique because it was written for YOU:
- YOU understand the importance of learning through play;
- YOU believe that digital technology can support play-based learning in early childhood education and care;
- YOU want to successfully integrate digital technology in early childhood education and;
- YOU want to enhance young children’s learning across the early year curriculum.
This is why YOU are here!
Cost of this early childhood education book……just $30 AUD!