Optimise Technology in Early Childhood Education Today
Price: $95 AUD
ICTs are becoming more embedded and ubiquitous in the environment around children. Technologies such as computers, smartphones, tablet computers, digital cameras and television are just a few which are having such a profound effect on all aspects of people’s lives at home that they are now becoming “taken-for-granted”.
The consequence of our ability to take technology for granted has resulted in the misconception that simple exposure will develop ICT capability and ICT literacy within children. In fact, it is the opposite as it is insufficient to ensure that learning progression occurs both in curriculum subjects and ICT education itself. This leads to current issues in early childhood education such as:
- Digital inequity;
- Lack of intellectual challenge and;
- The focus on only ICT skills and techniques.
If children are to become proficient users of ICT who are full and capable participants in their environment, it is important that young children begin to develop ICT capability and ICT literacy as part of their early childhood education and care experiences. In early childhood education and care, this begins with children learning about the new technology that is being applied around them and becoming more aware of the critical technological choices that are being made by the people who surround them.
The productive process of using technology in early childhood education can be started by a strong-minded principal or early childhood teacher with one single programmable toy, one digital camera with one solitary computer.
Attendees receive a Certificate of Completion.
Who enrols in this course?
- Pre-service teachers in Early Childhood and Primary.
- Early Childhood Education and Care principals.
- Early Childhood teachers which include preschool teachers, kindergarten teachers and Primary early years teachers Foundation to Year 2.
- Early Childhood Education and Care centres which choose to follow the road to the integration of ICT in its programs and activities.
- Early Childhood Education and care centres which decides to continue in this process – doing it more thoroughly and intensely as it has been done until now,
maybe engaging new ideas, new partnerships or broadening its goals and ICT tools.
What are the key learning outcomes of the course?
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of ICT in Early Childhood Education;
- Maximimise formative assessments strategies in ICT activities, tasks and projects;
- Select developmentally appropriate ICT tools and resources for learning;
- Employ evidence based ICT teaching strategies in Early Childhood that develop ICT capability;
- Facilitate the progression of capabilities in ICT in the learning environment;
- Integrate ICT effectively in STEM projects;
- Embed safe and healthy practices;
- Reflect on your teaching and learning with ICT;
- Boost your competence and confidence in the integration of ICT in Early Childhood Education.
Enrol in this online course for kindergarten teachers today!
COURSE COST: $95 AUD
30 day money back guarantee
Completing this course will contribute to 5 hours of TQI and NESA registered PD addressing 2.6.2, 4.5.2 and 5.1.2 of Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient teacher accreditation in NSW, Vic, Qld and ACT.Join the class now