Earn Accreditation in Early Childhood Education - Proficient Teacher
Early Childhood Education is the beginning of children's education as it lays the foundation for key learning areas such as literacy, numeracy and personal and emotional development. Children today live in an ICT-integrated society and are heavily exposed to new developments in the early years of their lives. For this reason, it is vital that early childhood educators lay the foundations for the effective learning of ICT in such a way that it will continue to build progressively throughout their lifelong learning experiences.
Online course audience
Early childhood teachers and if you are a teacher in Primary education from Foundation to Year 2.
By enrolling in this course, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the role that ICT plays in Early Childhood Education;
- Assess the capabilities of children in ICT using formative assessment methods;
- Select the appropriate digital technologies for learning;
- Employ evidence based ICT teaching strategies in the learning environment;
- Facilitate the progression of child ICT capability in learning throughout key learning areas;
- Optimise technology in STEM integration and;
- Reflect on your teaching and learning with ICT.
Key Outcomes Achieved
- The integration of ICT into the Early Years Learning Framework - Outcome 4 and 5;
- The integration of ICT into the Australian Curriculum Foundation - Year 2;
- Independent ICT work by children and the appropriate and creative use of ICT;
- Understanding of using STEM in the classroom.
Module 1: Introduction (Appreciate the role of ICT in ECE)
4: What is ICT capability;
5: How children learn with ICT;
6: Computational thinking in ECE.
Module 2: Establishing a starting point for child learning
Module 3: Employing sound ICT Pedagogical Strategies
Module 4: Embedding STEM in Early Childhood Education
Completing this course will contribute to 5 hours of PD addressing 1.2.2, 2.6.2 and 5.1.2 of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient teacher accreditation in Victoria, NSW, QLD and the ACT.
This online course will cost $95. It is a self-paced course.